Please do not despair, if you've faced some issues while installing th "Excitel - Click to call" plugin! There is one more fairly simple way to add the call button to your WordPress site.
Follow these steps to avoid working with the plugin:
1. Log in your WordPress website admin panel;
2. Select Appearance->Widgets in WordPress panel:
3. Select the “Text” type of widget :
4. Drag widget to any place on the website:
5. Select the appropriate button design by clicking the "Change button" link:
6. Copy the button code by selecting it with a mouse and then press Ctrl+C combination or choose "Copy" in context menu (appears on pressing the right mouse button):
7. Paste the code into the Content field of the “Text” widget :
8. Apply changes by clicking "Save".
9. After the page refresh you will see the call button on your website:
But such way of call button installing has one disadvantage: an empty appears on the page after adding a text box:
You need to find this block and make it invisible to avoid this. That is very easy to do:
1. Find the code of this element using your browser:
- Google Chrome:
- Mozilla Firefox:
2. Find its id in the element code :
3. Select Appearance->Editor in WordPress panel:
4. Find style.css file:
5. Add this code into the end of the file:
Replace “text-2” with the text widget id (which you found it in the code using web browser):
6. Apply changes by clicking "Update File". Done!
Now go to your website and check the result. An empty block has disappeared.